KUALA LUMPUR: The total number of deaths due to floods in Selangor and Pahang rose to 39 individuals on Thursday (Dec 23) when two more bodies were found in Mentakab in the Temerloh district.
During a press conference in Taman Sri Muda, Shah Alam earlier on Thursday, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani said 37 deaths were recorded with 10 individuals reported missing as of Wednesday (Dec 22).
Pahang Fire and Rescue Department operations assistant director Ismail Abdul Ghani confirmed that the bodies of a father and his son who were reported missing after they were swept away by strong currents at a football field in Mentakab on Tuesday had been found.
The bodies of Musa Ahmad, 53 and Mohd Airall Zikree, 10, were found at 10am and 11.50am respectively.
He said the bodies were found about 100m from where they were last seen.
Meanwhile, a man who was reported missing and feared drowned while swimming in a river near a railway bridge in Kuala Krau, Temerloh on Wednesday has yet to be found, adding that the search and rescue efforts were underway.
The death toll in Pahang is now nine, with two deaths in Kuantan and seven in Bentong, he said, adding that the incident in Bentong involved a water surge incident in two areas where two bodies were found at a holiday resort, while one was still missing.
Meanwhile, another five bodies were found in Telemong, he said, and rescuers were still looking for another missing victim. – Bernama